Over the past few months, we’ve all rediscovered old hobbies and learnt new games. 2020 has been difficult, but for many people lockdown was an opportunity to spend time with the people you live with and bond. Now, as we’re all trying to spend more time inside and not mix too much, buying a pack of cards is a good way to have a bit of fun, cheer up and do something new. If you’re into something high stakes, grab the poker chips and play for loo roll (far more valuable than money, now) or you can do something simple like snap or switch to Victorian and learn cribbage. If you’re by yourself, solitaire can be fun and it’s nice to play even off a computer.
We know that our steampunkers are always looking for a way to bring more cogs, clockwork, corsets and waistcoats into their lives. So we’ve compiled a collection of our favourite steampunk cards, which you can play with at home for now, and learn some magic tricks and go to your next convention as a steampunk magician. Or, if you prefer, take them to a bar, or to your friends’ houses, or get a pack for a steampunk friend for Christmas. Cards are versatile, fun, and just Victorian enough to feel pretty steampunk-y.
- 54 Card Collection Poker Deck (52+ 2 Jokers)
- Standard size poker cards 62.5 x 88 mm
- Case design, back and faces hand illustrated by James Billiter
- Embossed cardstock with bicycle air cushion finish
- Card deck for collectors, magicians and cardistry lovers
Our first pack nicely combines the traditional pictures on playing cards on the face, and then mixes up clockwork and cogs on the back and over the packet. They’re pretty and functional, and sometimes new designs of cards can throw players off, so it’s nice to have something straightforward so you can focus on the games.
You don’t have to go down the rabbit hole to appreciate our next pack. These Alice in Wonderland cards are almost guaranteed to be a hit at the Mad Hatter’s tea party, and we think that you and your friends might have some fun with them too. Even better – Alice, the Cheshire Cat and the white rabbit are there as the King, Queen and Jack. As for the Queen of Hearts? Well, you’ll have to buy them and see!
- Finely designed premium card deck for the inquisitive mind
- Premium Poker Cards Designed in London by Joe White - Made in America
- High Victorian cards were inspired by the intricate and impressive style of the Victorian era, each element was designed from scratch with meticulous attention to detail
- The three-dimensional reverse design apparently adds more detail with every look. The back design is as detailed as it is unique. More than 18 months in preparation, and it is noticeable
It’s easy to get lost in a game of cards, but getting something cards that are genuinely beautiful can be extremely nice and make playing an even better experience. The signs for the four houses are pretty widely used, so it’s great to see an original interpretation that still allows players to see, clearly, what they’re using. These cards are unique, decadent and have something wonderfully steampunk-y in their design.
- Product description: premium play cards and box - poker size - small index - air cushion finish
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Bicycle, (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
If you like steampunk because you like cogs, these cards will be perfect for you. The designers have taken the standard shapes and worked them into clockwork creations, then offered you a peephole. It’s a nice and kooky design that pays homage to (arguably) steampunk’s most recognisable items.
- ♠ hand crafted elegance. every aspect of the cyberpunk deck was hand-illustrated from the ground-up for maximum beauty, playability and style. 100% waterproof black pvc plastic and metallic gold and silver inks make this a stunning deck.
- ♥ turn heads with next-level luxury. with beautiful hand-drawn artwork on a black background and tuckbox shielded in intricate gold foil, the cyberpunk stand out anywhere. fully custom designs combine with traditional arrangements to make the perfect deck for any game.
- ♦ eye-catching attention to detail. the one-of-a-kind designs will start conversations every time you bring them out. everything from the custom courts to mechanical steampunk back design demands attention. they also make fantastic gifts – they are the perfect combination of style, practicality and cool!
- ♣ quality trusted by thousands. don’t settle for boring, cheap or low-quality : join thousands of cyberpunk fans who love the unique designs on superior waterproof 100% white pvc plastic card stock and world-class printing techniques which help our decks overcome humidity and frequent usage.
- ★ enjoy our lifetime “royal flush” guarantee! we took great pride and joy creating our uniquely-themed cyberpunk . we wanted to provide professional and amateur gamers with the highest quality on the market to trump any other “hands.” we guarantee you’ll feel like the hero of game night with these , or your money back. click the yellow “add to cart” button today, and experience a winning deck in your hand!
These cards make a point to say that they’re not steampunk cards: they’re cyberpunk. They’re designed to be tough and not mark up if used by someone who’s still bio/organic and hasn’t fully converted to cyborg yet, which is a nice touch. Cyberpunk/steampunk aside, these are really pretty, with embossed colours that look like precious metals and shaped like cogs and other bits of machinery. Use them for tricks, use them for games… just make sure you’re getting them out and showing them off.
Our final pack might be my favourite. They’re black, silver and gold, which looks striking and pretty, but more importantly the jacks, kings, queens and aces are all illustrated with different fantasy beasts. These are gorgeously done, but they’re also a fun way to change up ‘normal’ cards. If you find that there’s an overlap between your interests in fantasy, your love of steampunk and your desire to play card games, this might just be the pack for you.
There are lots of reasons it’s a good idea to own a pack of cards – not least, you can play with them by candlelight when the electricity cuts out and you won’t need to worry about draining your phone battery! But the ones we’ve looked at have been beautifully designed and would enhance any game. Taking the time to invest into something small and nice is a great way to perk up your home, or you can give them as a gift to a fellow steampunk gamer.