If you’re looking to be creative with your Steampunk outfit, then this article will show you how to make a Steampunk hat.
Steampunk hats are an important part of Steampunk culture. They are frequently worn and often contain one of the most important Steampunk accessories, Steampunk goggles. So, instead of buying a Steampunk hat, why not try to make one yourself?
Making a DIY Steampunk hat allows you to make sure that your hat is perfect and just how you want it, and it means that your style can be unique. So here is how to make your own Steampunk hat:
First of all you need to buy a plain hat, such as a top hat, bowler hat, or military hat etc. Here is an option:
- Top Hat Black
- One size for adults
- EAN: 4260414761041
- Manufacturer: Schramm Onlinehandel.
This top hat is an extremely simple style that is plain and ready for the next stage of your DIY Steampunk hat.
(For more ideas, check the bottom of this page.)
Next, and last of all, you need to accessorise and/or decorate your hat. You can do this with many materials, such as cogs, feathers, and/or goggles. You can attach them to the hat in whatever way seems best to you; glue, sewing, or any other way that springs to mind. Here are some accessories that you can add to your Steampunk hat:
- A steampunk costume is not complete without some high quality goggles
- Ideal for steampunk weddings, parties, cosplay or just fancy dress, come in various colours, with internal clear and tinted glass lens
- Having manufactured and supplied thousands, we can ensure the highest quality. Our lens are of high quality and we only use high strength head bands to ensure your goggles last the party
- Available in various colours, one size fits all as our goggles come with a adjustable size system
- Comes with elastic band for pefect fitting,and eyelets on the sides brings a fantastic look.The frame made of high quality hard coated plastic,which makes a vintage feeling.
These are a basic pair of Steampunk goggles that will make a wonderful addition to your DIY Steampunk hat. They are copper in colour and have smokey coloured lenses. Just simply wrap them around your top hat and the elastics will hold in place. If you want to make sure that they do stay in place, a couple of stitches around the band might be a good idea.
These goggles are fairly simple in style, they look like the goggles above, except that these ones are brass coloured and have spikes protruding from the rims. They also have the smoky lenses that give the goggles a more vintage appearance.
- Antique steampunk gear charms
- Diameter: 10mm-26mm,mixed color alloy metal, bronze, copper, gold and silver
- Perfect for scrapbooking project, necklace pendant drop, jewelry making accessories
- Great DIY gift for your friends,lovers or yourself to creat unique eye-catching DIY lucky charms,punk or cosplay style costume
- Package includes: 100g assorted gears (approx 70pcs) Note: this item is sold in "GRAM", please checked clearly before you buy
This set of gears is perfect for decorating your hat. The set comes in a range of colours, with gold, silver, brass, and copper gears. All you have to do is either glue these to your hat, or sew them in. Sewing them might be a safer and more secure option.
- Natural Peacock Feathers.
- They each package 20 root.
- They range from 10-12inch(25-30cm) in height.
- All of our feather items have been professionally cleaned, bleached, dyed, steamed and sanitized to perfection.
- Our peacock feathers and peacock swords are ideal for various DIY craft projects, earrings, pendants, house decorations, wedding decorations, holiday decorations, garments and hats, etc.
Feathers are perfect for adding some colour and flamboyance to your Steampunk outfit, and peacock feathers do just that. This set of peacock feathers will look incredible atop your DIY Steampunk hat, perfect for air pirates, mad hatters, burlesque, and a range of other Steampunk characters.
If you’re looking for more variety in your Steampunk hat, why not take a look at our Steampunk hats article