Steampunk is a relatively modern movement inspired by the mix of Victorian/Industrialist ideas with clockwork and mechanical elements from fantasy. Some of the ideas have been dubbed ‘retro-futurism’ because they’re inspired by what Victorian people may have thought of as futuristic, like steampower. There are lots of different subgenres of steampunk, including gothic steampunk, clockwork steampunk, cyber steampunk and wild west steampunk. These often include jobs like pirate, engineer or aviator.
Steampunk is a multi-faceted movement: there are steampunk books, inventions, conventions and fashions. The fashion is often the most known part of steampunk, and many people enjoy cosplaying as steampunk characters or creating their own. We’ve got some great suggestions for men, so have a look and see what you like!
Let’s start with some jackets. If you’re developing a character with a particular job you might want to focus on that specifically, but these can work well with any look
BLESSUME Gothic Victorian Tailcoat Steampunk
This Gothic Victorian jacket looks directly at the Victorian roots of steampunk. There’s a clear upper-class factory owner style here but it’s enough of a blank canvas that you could make it kindly or villainous as you prefer.
- Include: 1pc Renaissance Victorian Tailcoat.
- Material: Polyester, PU Leather. Garment Care: Hand Wash in cold water separately.
- Buckles, Buttons, Single breasted, Vampire Tailcoat, Medieval Tailcoat Tuxedo Suit Gothic Blazer, Gothic Tuxedo.
- Men's Steampunk Gothic Tailcoat Vampire Costume. Good Choice for Halloween, Comic Con, Cosplay Shows, Party, Reenactment Event, Steampunk party/event,etc.
- Please take the size table in the photo as reference when choosing the size!
Try reading/watching adaptations of Dickens for further inspiration and then consider how you’ll add your steampunk twist. I’d recommend something mechanised. If you’d like to take this piece another way, consider how red coattails are associated with ringmasters, circuses and freakshows. It’s easy to enjoy The Greatest Showman, but look at the real life of PT Barnum for some twisted inspiration.
Steampunk Vintage Tailcoat
Looking at these two jackets really shows how much variety there is in steampunk. This steampunk vintage tailcoat is clearly much more gothic and would absolutely change the overall impression of the wearer’s outfit. There’s nice detail on the material that whispers wealth instead of flaunting it. It could also, with careful coordination and accessories, work very well as part of a steampunk pirate outfit
- ♥♥Warm Lining: The Autumn Winter Jacket Coat Cardigan is of high quality materials, which is soft, comfortable and super warm with cotton blend lining, providing warmth and beautify. ♥♥ Please check the Size Chart before order. If you are not sure the size, please send message to us. We are sure to give a quick reply.
- ♥♥Occasion - Suit for daily wear, School, Vacation, Work, Club, Party, Street, great for Office or Outdoor, casual and elegant. You will fall in love with this blouse.
- ♥♥Multi pockets: 2 slant hand warm pockets lend a warm place for your hands and essential storing. Long sleeve cuffs for blocking cold wind and snow, come all the way down to the wrists with no ride up.
- ♥♥Soft,and comfortable, fashionable and charming, casual and stylish. Best Use: Suit for winter, autumn, water splash against and windproof material to keep you warm from heavy rain to freezing snow, perfect outdoor coat for working,traveling, hiking, daily life.
- ♥♥Perfect to match with leggings, black slacks,shorts,skinny pants, jeans, knee high boots or high heels for a glamorous look. Thoughtful design: Hip length insulation offers an excellent warmth, big hood with high-quality faux fur trim to keep you fashion and warm. Long length and hooded parka jacket cardigan to keep you warm and nice all day.
Steampunk Men’s Shirt
Obviously, you’ll need something to wear under your coat, so try this shirt
Do you want to look like a sexy vampire highwayman? I mean, really, who doesn’t? This steampunk men’s shirt is light and comfortable and can be dressed down (for the vampire look) or up to fit in with almost any other outfit. It’s extremely versatile without being plain: the drawstring at the front and ruffles on the side give nice details, and the string could be changed to a different colour to coordinate with a waistcoat (make sure it’s cut correctly) or with another person’s outfit.
- Drawstring and Eyelets in Front
- Double Ruffle in Front & on Sleeves
- Men's medieval pirate shirt; Cosplay Costume Shirt;Renaissance shirt;Steampunk Costume; Victorian Shirt
- Fashionable, Comfortable, Durable These look really cool on any guy
- This shirt is suitable for any function, parties, beach wedding, Christmas, sporting events, St Patrick's Day, Halloween or medieval renaissance pirate costume fair dress up.
Steampunk Men’s Waistcoat
If you like to layer, adding a waistcoat can really enhance a look and is an easy way to add colour or gravitas.
Remember the different genres of steampunk? This steampunk waistcoat has some serious blacksmith energy – I’d trust anyone wearing this to put shoes on my horse and fix my airship! It’s actually not made of leather, which makes it much more affordable and makes it low maintenance. The pockets are not real, so you’ll need to find somewhere else to store your pocket watch, but getting creative and making alterations are a huge part of steampunk’s appeal.
- Brand new
- Made of PVC and PU
- High Quality Faux Leather fabric. Color: Black. Brown. Red
- Perfect Mens Halloween Outfit
- BSLINGERIE is registered in the member states of EU, which includes United Kingdom, France and Germany. It is protected by Civil and criminal law in EU, please do not attempt to infringe our right otherwise legal action will be taken.
Obviously, you’ll need something for your lower half and your jeans probably won’t work too well! Try some steampunk trousers, like the ones below, to keep your look consistent.
If there’s one thing steampunk is famous for, it’s endless buckles, buttons and chains. They’re associated with clockwork and machinery, and they create interest on clothing. These trousers won’t work with every outfit, but if you’re looking for a slightly darker, more kinky look they might be great. Take care to pick the right colour as this really highlights the different elements.
The other big thing is boots. There are lots of different types for different steampunk sub-cultures, and relatively plain boots work with most outfits, but we think that doing something interesting on your feet is a great way to finish off a look.
- MENS HALLOWEEN COSTUMES - Male Costume Boots for Steampunk, Victorian, Time Traveler, Reinaissance, and Vintage Dancer costumes
- MENS BOOT SIZING - Small 8-9, Medium 10-11, Large 12-13, X-Large 14
- BOOT MEASUREMENTS - 1" Heel, Shaft measures 16.5" from the arch and Circumference measures 14" around
- STEP BACK INTO TIME - Victorian Steampunk boots are costume essentials to designing your Time Traveler to Renaissance DIY costume
- ELLIE SHOES COSTUME COLLECTION - This line of shoes will put you into full character by adding that final touch to your costume creating the look you want
These steampunk boots are great for anyone who likes sturdy footwear but still appreciates a little bit of decoration. Buckles and pockets are always popular in steampunk so you can wear these again and again. They’re also pretty unusual and are sure to draw in lots of admirers. Finally, they’re well built and will give the wearer a little boost in height, which is fun and empowering.
Steampunk Accessories for Men
Feel like your outfit isn’t quite complete? Try these accessories – they’re gorgeous and perfect for making your steampunk outfit even steampunkier!
Steampunk Shoulder Armour
If you’d like something a little protective, why not consider shoulder armour. It’s available in a few different colours and will really add to the rebellious, Mad Max-esque side of steampunk.
- Steampunk Style Shoulder Armors Arm Strap Cosplay Accessory
- Made by high quality PU and metal material, comfortable and durable
- Designed with single shoulder armor style pads, embellish with rivets
- Metal buckle closure for size adjustment, one size fits for most men and women
- Great for role playing, steampunk cosplay costume, Halloween party, fancy dress, a medieval costume, theatrical props, etc
If you’re looking to class up an outfit, try a cravat. And no, they’re not the same as ties!
Remember what we said earlier about finding opportunities to coordinate colours on your outfit or with your friends? This is the perfect way to go! There are lots of different colour options and your cravat can match your handkerchief. You’ll need something to fill your waistcoat pockets, and a pocket watch will only do for one. Try a bandana in a similar colour for a pirate steampunk look or a waistcoat in a corresponding colour for a steampunk merchant. Cravats are a great way to make a look more flashy, and we think these are a lot of fun.
- Material：Silk texture,soft and good texture, the ascot tie is comfortable to wear and touch. Novelty design ascot tie & a matching handkerchief are durable and can easily match your shirts
- Size: Total length - 49.6"(126cm). The widest part: 6.1"(15.5cm), the narrowest part: 2.2"(5.5cm). Handkerchief size: 10 inches x 10 inches(25cm x 25cm). Package include: ascot and handkerchief
- Occasion: Business, Wedding, Meeting, Formal, Office, Dinner, Banquet, Daily Dress, Dating, Party, Casual etc; It’s both a good choice for any formal or informal occasion
- Ideal Gift: Perfect presents for father/husband/son/boyfriend and other male friends, especially on special days, such as birthday, Father's Day, wedding, graduation, ceremony, anniversary,Valentine's Day , Christmas, etc.
- Our Promise: If you are dissatisfied with our products, you can apply for refund or return the goods, but at the same time it is recommended that you can contact us directly to solve your problem
If you prefer something more reminiscent of newspaper officers in the 1920s, try braces. No, not the ones you put on your teeth! These can hold your trousers up, but it’s much more fun to stick your thumbs underneath the fabric and ping them onto your chest… just watch your nipples! These steampunk braces are also decorated with cogs and jewels, and will be nicely eye catching over a plainer shirt.
- Steampunk Braces
- Includes Steampunk Braces
- One Size
- The Perfect Steampunk Accessory
Steampunk Goggles are an essential item for any steampunker! I love the retro-futuristic styles…
- THE MOST DISTINCTIVE STEAMPUNK GOGGLES:Unique Clothing Accessories - Lelinta steampunk goggles,retro Victorian style,double magnifier + adjustable rubber band,as the picture shows.
- INTERESTING COLORED LENSES:yellow lenses,green lenses,pink lenses give you a colorful world.Combine the old silver and red-brown frame to make you truly return to the Victorian era and feel the steampunk together!
- UNIVERSAL SIZE:Adjustable elastic headband made of rubber makes it more comfortable to wear,can be adjusted according to your own size,whether it is men,women,children,the elderly,role-players - because it is suitable for everyone size !
- DECORATE YOUR PERSONAL IMAGE:You can wear a variety of carnival glasses on your glasses or on your head or neck.Cool goggles provide a satisfying score for your personal look.
- APPLICABLE SCOPE:Ideal For Fireworks,Halloween,Music Festival ,Firework Shows,Carnivals,Concerts,Edm Festivals,Science Class,Holiday Led Show,Gothic Costumes,Women/Men's Accessories,Gothic,Carnival Masks,Lasers,Burning Man.
Thank you for reading! We absolutely love steampunk styles, regardless of who is wearing it. There’s loads of opportunities to get creative, meet new people and try new things, and why not start by checking out the rest of our website?