Octopus gifts are popular with steampunk lovers as this fabulous creature represents the industrial revolution. It could be to do with the way that it moves mechanically or appears to be wearing steampunk goggles! They also influenced the Kracken – the giant mythical sea monster of Norweigan folklore and fantasy. But lets get technical about …
Today I’m here to give you a run down of my best steampunk novels including Journey to the Centre of the Earth, Boneshaker and 20,000 Leagues under the Sea! My 10 Best Steampunk Novels Journey to the Centre of the Earth ‘Journey to the Centre of the Earth’ or, initially, Voyage au Centre de la …
You may not realise it, but Steampunk Disney is everywhere! There are elements of steampunk in Disney movies such as Malificent, cosplay including steampunk Alice in Wonderland and of course in the Disney Parks – the original Disneyland in Anaheim, California being my favourite. I hope you love our steampunk Disney guide as much as …
Welcome steampunkers, today we are discussing the origins of steampunk. Join me of this journey in my time machine as I take you through the history of steampunk from it’s literary origins to modern developments. Literary Origins of Steampunk Steampunk essentially started out as a literary subgenre in the 1970s. The inspiration for this sub-genre …
Follow my blog with Bloglovin The steampunk movement seems to be growing year on year! There are some fantastic steampunk festivals that take place annually where people can dress in their favourite steampunk clothing and show off their style. Some people simply go to admire the fashion and costumes of others. But let me tell …
Fashion is a core part of the steampunk movement. Steampunk clothing is often inspired by the industrial revolution and combined with mock-Victorian fashion to create clothing that’s full of nods to the upper class (top hats, silk dresses, waistcoats) and then pokes fun at the whole system by adding a punky, working class twist (goggles, …
Steampunk is one of my favourite cosplay genres. But what is the history of Steampunk? What is Steampunk Fashion? Introduction to Steampunk Fashion Steampunk originally started in the 1970s as a sub-genre of science fiction that incorporated aspects of the Victorian era (1837-1901) into novels based in an alternative reality. Although people now date the …
Gothic steampunk is a subculture within a subculture: within the steampunk movement there are several niches, including gothic steampunk, fantasy steampunk and wild west steampunk. These niches often borrow from other, non-steampunk subcultures- in this instance the gothic. It is usually darker (both physically and metaphorically) than just steampunk and the clothing is usually black and lacy whilst still including classic steampunk elements such as top hats and goggles. Both gothic and steampunk fashions often feature corsets, so gothic steampunks often have a good selection to look through.
Because of the nature of the subculture, it’s difficult to categorize anything as specifically steampunk, gothic or gothic steampunk. Therefore, one cannot point conclusively at a starting moment for gothic steampunk and it is also difficult to identify any novels or films that are purely of this genre, as many overlap between different genres. Even the most influential steampunk writers are often described as science fiction: although it’s fun to consider what is and what isn’t steampunk, it’s often best to realise that there are some common elements overwhelmingly people will categorize media according to their own experiences.
With that said, these are some things that we think epitomise gothic steampunk fashion. Let’s start with something straightforward: a black corset.
Pure steampunk often involves brown and bronzed colours, so finding an item that is only black often points to some gothic influences. This gothic corset also has some lace detail which may be found in Victorian style steampunk items. The final touch is the embossed roses which add a nice texture and add another classically beautiful idea to the corset.
- Please refer to the sixth picture on the left for the size chart.
- Wear Occasion:Halloween/Christmas Costume, Cosplay Party, Sexy Lingerie or Simply Daily Outfit,During your Diet, Gym Workout.Also, you can Wear it as a Fashionable
- Features with the printing pattern, Steel Busk closure front and lace up on back, Plastic boning to support,comfortable satin corset,It fully show the lines of the waist and chest.fresh color with some special details design makes your sexy and can suit any occasion as you like,whether you are attending a party event or for waist training, this corset will bring out the best of you
- A beautiful piece for your collection, the corset is boned for support with high quality workmanship and high quality satin material to sculpt an hourglass figure for an alternative outfit a night out
- Wash care: Hand wash in warm water, wash separately, do not wring dry, lay flat to dry or hang over hanger
Steampunk Victorian Gothic Dress
Even if you’re planning on dressing mostly in black, I would recommend looking at the pictures of this dress in lighter colours so you can get an idea of the detail. This steampunk gothic Victorian dress is great because you can either wear it with or without a corset style belt, and it can be dressed up into a cosplay piece or just become part of your everyday wardrobe. It’s got a wonderfully feminine shape that enhances the wearer’s curves and has a nice gothic feel with the lace trim.
- Can be daily casual dress, also good choice for party, vintage event,pirate costume, adult halloween dress, coser dress.
- 1 Gothic Swing Dress only.
- Occasion: Suitable for a pirate, cyberpunk, goth, punk, pencil skirt, homecoming dresses, cocktail dresses, formal dresses or sexy lingerie steampunk girls clothing
- Hand wash in cold water and machine washable
- Please follow the size map we provide, not the “Amazon size chart”.Thank you.
Victorian High-Low Skirt
This Victorian High Low skirt is a lot of fun. It’d be easy to dance a can-can in and is short enough at the front to show off any garters or lace stockings you’d enjoy. Don’t overdo the accessories, though: there’s plenty of interest in this skirt already! Critics of the look might argue that it can be a little drab and boring at times, but this skirt offers the chance to add a little colour through pinstripes – another steampunk classic, and adds a fun pirate vibe.
- Belle Poque Vintage Retro Gothic Steampunk Gathered Striped High-Low A-Line Skirt
- Feature: Elastic Waist, Ruffled Hem, Eight decoration buttons in the front, Drawstrings in the front to adjust skirt length, Big fixed bow-knot decorates the back, Concealed zipper in the left side
- Washing Tips: Hand Wash. Hang Dry.
- This Vintage Skirt Perfect for Casual, Party, Gatherings, Evening, Cocktail, Prom, Gothic Costume, Cyberpunk or Pirate Outfit and other occasions
- NOTE: Please refer to the size chart on our picture instead of Amazon's size chart.
Gothic Steampunk Dress
This gothic steampunk dress really has it all: the typical steampunk shape and inclusion of a corset, the dramatic lace skirt and loose, off shoulder sleeves of gothic fashion. It perfectly balances between the two movements and does so gorgeously. The colour options are also great: it’s predominantly black, but you can add details in white, red or purple to add interest whilst not losing any of the gothic feel. The top part gives this a sexual, sultry feeling and if you can get away with no bra and untied hair you’re sure to draw admirers.
- Vintage brocade lace corset dress perfect to show your the entire waist.
- Made of quality lace and stain, features plastic boned and ribbon ties up, shape your waist successfully.
- Great for party, wedding, clubwear, costume, Halloween dress and fashion corset.
- Unique styles of floral lace bustier tops which bring you a stunning body curve.
- Luxury floral black lace high low layered skirt, sexy and charming.
If you’d prefer something more traditionally masculine, keep reading…
Men’s Steampunk Shirt
If you’re a fan of gothic literature you’re likely to have read Bram Stoker’s Dracula. The opening scenes are set in a castle in Transylvania, where Count Dracula feeds on blood. In illustrations and drawings inspired by Dracula, vampires almost always wear loose fitting white shirts like this one. If you’d like to have more of a steampunk air you can add goggles, but this works perfectly as both a steampunk and gothic shirt or underlayer.
- Drawstring and Eyelets in Front
- Double Ruffle in Front & on Sleeves
- Men's medieval pirate shirt; Cosplay Costume Shirt;Renaissance shirt;Steampunk Costume; Victorian Shirt
- Fashionable, Comfortable, Durable These look really cool on any guy
- This shirt is suitable for any function, parties, beach wedding, Christmas, sporting events, St Patrick's Day, Halloween or medieval renaissance pirate costume fair dress up.
Steampunk Gothic Tailcoat
A coat can completely make or ruin an outfit. This steampunk tailcoat we think will make it. There’s the button details and straps that push this more towards the traditional steampunk look and hints towards steampunk’s more sexual, kinky origins. The cut takes the jacket in a different direction, though- it could easily work for a ringmaster or a pirate.
- Mens cotton tailcoat made from 100 percent HEAVY GRADE COTTON.
- Tailcoat built to last a lifetime, With triple layer fabric for flat tails.
- Premium quality heavy duty cotton Fabric.
- Please order using our size chart in images.
- Perfect Attire For Goths And Steampunks
Steampunk Gothic Waistcoat
This waistcoat is completely the opposite of the previous coat: it’s very proper-looking, almost to the point of being prim. Much like some of the corsets we looked at earlier it’s made of silk with patterns embossed on it, meaning they could easily match- perfect for couples! The waistcoat is double breasted and the additional buttons call easily to steampunk, but the cut and material give the overall impression of a well dressed young vampire.
- PaulJones Men's Steampunk Gothic Sleeveless Lapel Collar Double-Breasted Jacquard Vest Waistcoat
- Features:Sleeveless, Lapel Collar, Double-Breasted, Irregular High-Low Hem, Chic Jacquard, Polyester Lining
- Garment Care: Hand Wash Cold/Dry Cleaning
- This Vintage Coat Perfect for Casual, Party, Gatherings, Evening, Cocktail, Prom and other occasions
- NOTE: Please refer to the size chart on our picture instead of Amazon's size chart.
Although it’s more conventional for goths to wear black, it doesn’t have to happen every time. If you’d like to switch over to a dash of colour, this aristocratic waistcoat would be perfect: it’s red and gold pattern stand out much more than the alternative black-on-black and could easily be a part of a pirate look as well as a goth one. It’s cut to a regular length, allowing the wearer to show off any trouser details and it’s high necked enough that you won’t need a cravat or tie.
- New Mens Fitted Waistcoat By Devil Fashion
- Red, 100% Polyester
- Perfect Attire For Steampunks And Goths
- Custom Patterned Fabric
- Genuine Devil Fashion Merchandise
And now for the accessories…
Chokers are, like corsets, enduringly attractive. They may come in and out of style but there is something timeless and beautiful about them. They’re often considered an essential part of the goth look, and this gothic choker one crosses over into steampunk with its cog detail. The bronze chain is an unusual part that adds just enough imperfection to make the whole thing work better.
- Nickel Free,Lead Free
- Victorian Industrial Age style
- Handmade gift for steampunk girls
- Lace,gears and chains
- Accessory for wedding,party,festival,cosplay and more
This gothic steampunk hat mixes two brilliant steampunk pieces: the top hat and goggles. Both of them are seen as iconic and essential parts of steampunk fashion, so it’s wonderful to see them working well together and bringing in a clearly gothic influence. There’s also the fun mix of the Victorian/neoVictorian hat and the Industrialist goggles, making this an unmistakably steampunk piece.
- Steampunk Style Hat Vintage Goth Hat Party Cosplay Accessory with Detachable Goggle for Women Men Adults
- A great gift for your friend and family.Made of high quality material for durable wear.
- Suitable for steampunk costumes, theatrical performances, masquerade balls, renaissance fairs, prom, Halloween, Carnival and more!
- A fun and festive hat for everyday dress up play.
- Steampunk style, comes with detachable google, complete your look in cosplay party.
Gothic Motorcycle Boots
For boot enthusiasts, the lack of shoes and recognition of their role is a terrible tragedy in steampunk fashion. Imagine any of our earlier looks finishing with something as mundane as a pair of trainers and you’ll realise that a true gothic steampunk look absolutely has to have the right shoes. These gothic boots are the best. They’re clearly influenced by counterculture staples Doc Martens, and they actually push the steampunk a little further with the details and pockets around the edge.
Thank you for reading! The gothic elements of steampunk help define the movement as a whole and we don’t see why all steampunk looks shouldn’t have at least a nod towards the gothic. If you’d like to see more steampunk and gothic steampunk looks, why not check out this article on what is steampunk fashion?