Victorian bathroom accessories are a fashionable way to improve your bathroom space. The Victorian era had a very distinct style of bathroom, including roll top baths, and chrome, gold, or nickel metal sections as many accessories were created from metal components in the Victorian era. Other materials to include and to look for in your accessories are pottery, china, and ceramic. White is a good colour to look for in these materials as it is traditional and can be mixed and matched in your bathroom.
The tiles are an important feature for your Victorian style bathroom, the tiles can change the whole design, this is why it’s important to get them right. Metro tiles are a wise choice, they are glossy and shaped in a way that represents the traditional Victorian style.
In terms of flooring, Victorian patterned tiles are a good choice, but failing that, wood effect flooring also gives the effect of a traditional bathroom.
Traditional style toilets normally come in two styles, one where the cistern is right above the pan, and one where the cistern sits high up on the wall behind. Either provide a Victorian style. You can get toilets that have a Victorian style to them, for example – the cistern may have an elegant shaped pattern on it.
Traditional basins tend to be ceramic and you can get them in styles that match the elegant shaped pattern on the toilet cistern. A matching Victorian bathroom is the way to go.
Freestanding roll top baths are the most aesthetically pleasing part of a Victorian style bathroom. If you have the space in your bathroom, then it is highly recommended that you include one as part of your Victorian bathroom suite.
If you are looking to get a Victorian style shower, you will need to purchase one that has exposed valves and a circular or apron shower head. For when you get out the shower and need to hang your towel up, perhaps a traditional radiator is a helpful addition that will look great in your Victorian bathroom.
You can also finish the room off nicely with a Victorian door handle.
Best Victorian Bathroom Accessories
Adding traditional, Victorian era accessories to your bathroom is an authentic way of adding to the quality of your bathroom suite. Why not try some of these:
Victorian Pull Chord
- NEW SOLID IRON VICTORIAN STYLE CORD PULL
- HIGH QUALITY SOLID METAL WITH RETRO INSPIRED INDUSTRIAL STYLE DESIGN
- 7.6 X 2.3cm - CORD HOLE DIAMETER 6mm
- EXCLUDES CORD STRING
This cord pull is a dark steel colour that perfectly encapsulates the industrial aesthetic of the Victorian era. Small additions such as this cord pull will make your bathroom look even more beautiful.
Traditional St Pancras Toilet roll holder
- Traditional antique style wall mounted toilet roll fixture
- Made from excellent quality cast metal with hard wood centre
- Measurements: Height: 145mm Overall Width: 190mm Hole To Hole Fixing Point: 112mm
Why not add a St. Pancras traditional loo roll holder? The cast iron design encapsulates the industrial aesthetic of the Victorian era. The hard wood will also look great if you have wooden floors.
Cast Iron Bathroom Sign
- Hand crafted by skilled craftsmen
- Two Screws Provided for easy attachment too door or wall
- Suitable for door or wall fixing with two holes ether side for attachment
- Great additional to any bathroom
- Adds the finishing touch
This cast iron bathroom sign is simply for aesthetic purposes. It will look great paired with other iron accessories as part of your Victorian bathroom.
Victorian Shower Head
- Made of qualitied materials solid metal brass, easy to install by yourself
- Standard size G1/2 connector fits most shower hose
- If your hand shower heads are leaking, then you just need one of these Replacement
- The traditional telephone style give the shower head a unique look,classic and luxurious
- A smoothing rainfall shower will help you achieve full body relaxation and saving water
This traditional Victorian style shower has chrome detailing and the white handle gives the shower head a traditional telephone style. The shower is a classic design that is bound to enhance your Victorian suite.
Victorian Pillar Taps
- Enduring design to update any elegant bathroom and has been designed to coordinate with the 1901 showers and bathroom accessories range
- Suitable for all plumbing systems, low pressure (example gravity fed) and high pressure (example combi boiler), within specified pressures
- Utilises ceramic disk valve technology to prolong the life of the tap and reduce the risk of dripping/leaking
- Chrome plated to a quality standard, prolonging the high shine finish, available in chrome or gold finish
Basin pillar taps are uniquely traditional in style with a chrome finish that enhances the effects of bathroom accessories. The eye catching style of the taps will complement the rest of your bathroom fittingly.
Victorian Leaf Shelf Brackets
- Solid Cast Handmade Quality
- Strong Heavy Duty Iron
- Powder Coated Finish in Pewter
- Use Indoors or Outdoors
- Supplied with 2” Colour Matching Fixing Screws
A Victorian leaf-style shelf bracket looks as though it is made from cast iron, fitting in with the other accessories mentioned. The design of this shelf has been reproduced from a Victorian original, it is the perfect way to get your bathroom looking more traditional.
- Stylish traditional victorian style towel radiator
- High heat output 2138 BTU
- Durable High quality chrome and white finish
- Manufactured in accordance with BS EN 442
- 10 years 'Fit & Forget' guarantee included
As mentioned before, a stylish radiator will look great in your Victorian style bathroom suite. This traditional towel rail, column radiator is the perfect size for your bathroom, and it will look stylish with the chrome and white, matching some of the other accessories listed here.
Victorian Style Soap Dispensers
- French-vintage, stylish and lovely accent to your bathroom
- Find matching TOILET BRUSH SET by using item no: B076DF8HJT
- Premium quality and exclusive style, Unique design
- Items are well packed for safe transportation
- Customer care is our priority!
Victorian style soap dispensers and soap trays are another small improvement that can be made to your bathroom. Small additions of accessories can massively improve the effect of your Victorian style bathroom suite. These ceramic accessories have a Victorian design but are subtle enough to not take too much of an eye away from the rest of your bathroom.
Victorian Bathroom Light
- Traditional antique brass bathroom ceiling light
- Clear ribbed glass shade
- Height: 15cm Diameter: 30cm
- IP44 rated suitable for Bathroom zones 1 2 and 3
- 2 x 7watt LED E14 (SES) candle bulbs (not supplied)
This light fixing will be a perfect addition to your bathroom, the traditional antique brass metal in combination with the ribbed, domed, clear glass shade has a luxurious look that improves the overall effect of your bathroom’s design.
Victorian Style Coat Hooks
- The industrial design or the piping hooks gives this wall mounted clothes rail a unique look for any home. Elevate your design by creating a unique feature with this wall hooks.
- This wall hanger can not only be used as a coat hook but it is also perfect as a towel rack wall mounted, key hook, or dog leads. The perfect storage for all items that you need to keep within reach.
- The coat hangers wall mounted has 5 Strong hanger hooks and has 2 Pre-Drilled holes For easy mounting in your home as a door hooks screw in . Making it perfect for a coat stands for hallway or any where is your home.
- The coat hooks for wall is made from durable and hardwearing metal which not only gives it the chic industrial look but makes it sturdy and strong for hanging your jackets on.
- Specifications - This clothes rail wall mounted measures at Width-56cm Height-20cm Depth-8cm. Easy to wall mount using 2 screws (not supplied) in each of the fixings situated at each end of the rail. A heavy duty design suitable for anywhere in the home.
Why not add this Victorian style coat rack to your bathroom? This coat rack will be perfect for hanging up your towels, the industrial style and iron colour matches the interior design of your bathroom perfectly.
Vintage Silver Mirror
- FRENCH STYLE MIRROR – add a French design inspired mirror to your home to create a lighter environment that can be used as a functioning mirror or as a stunning décor piece. The solid wood frame features resin details which perfectly suits the bevelled mirror
- SIZE – measuring 60cm x 90cm Other sizes are available within our range in this style including 42cm x 53cm, 50 x 60cm, 70 x 100cm and 42 x 132cm
- COLOUR CHOICES – we have a collection of colour’s, so you can choose the most suitable for your colour scheme; antique silver, antique gold, white, black antique and champagne are all available in this vintage mirror style design
- MIRROR DESIGN – inspiration has been taken from vintage French furniture including rococo and baroque styles to bring you a modern, functional and gorgeous framed mirror that will fit with shabby chic furniture already in your home
- READY TO HANG – each shabby chic mirror arrives with pre-fitted hooks and solid wall fixings, so you can waste no time in hanging it up on your wall. Choose from either portrait or landscape positioning to really make the most of this stunning decorative mirror
This vintage look mirror is in antique silver and will look great alongside some of the other accessories listed here. It will fit into the Victorian aesthetic perfectly and has an elegant traditional style that will match your Victorian bathroom suite.
Victorian Loo Roll Holder
- Holds 3 rolls of toilet tissue
- Free-standing design
- Rust resistant finish
- Made of durable steel
- 15.75 cm diameter x 38.75 cm
A loo roll holder for your extra loo rolls to sit by your toilet is a necessary addition to your toilet. This loo roll holder is silver and has a Victorian design with the addition of vine detailing to the stand. It is simple, elegant, and free standing, fitting in perfectly to your bathroom.
Why not be bold and add a little more Steampunk to your Victorian bathroom with some Steampunk art. This cute cat piece is perfect for adding that Steampunk edge to your new bathroom. You can even change the frame to something a little more traditional, such as an iron coloured frame.
If you are interested in steampunk style interiors you might also like to consider a :